| How can he seriously look this angelic just minutes after screeching and hurling toys across the room? |
We just got our approval for Butters' left ear surgery this past Friday and we are thrilled and a little surprised to say the least. I tried earlier this morning to get the itemization rundown of all the details to see what additional services would be included in this approval; but of course, our insurance's website would not let me get through. I spent twenty minutes trying to log in - 20 precious minutes while Butters is sleeping - I finally got logged in, had to move through about three different log in screens, finally got to my status page, pull up the details, and then this stupid screen appears, "We cannot process your request at this time, please try again later." I slammed the top down to the laptop as I cursed the website. Yes, that 'S' word cropped up again, and no, it wasn't 'Stupid.'
I tried logging in again later today, by the way, and it's still doing the same thing. However, I was much calmer this second go-around probably because I was eating half of a Twix bar as I was going through the process. It's amazing how chocolate can make almost any situation better when it's too early for a glass of wine.
Now, all of the planning and rushing around with trips being put on hold and other various plans screeching to a halt are also mixed in. That's okay, because this takes precedence over everything else.
It's a little over a month until Butters' surgery, so we have time to prep. He already has a nice, light green, buttoned down shirt to wear on the day of surgery, and I have a list prepared of stuff to take with us. There's no telling how long we will be able to keep his bandage on this next time. We were barely able to keep it on for a day and a half the last time. I will admit that I am not looking forward to the recovery weekend, and going in to see him in the recovery room will not be a picnic either. That was so hard for all of us to experience, and I am sure it won't be any easier next month. But you focus on the positives- he has done so well with his first implant, I can't wait to see what happens with this second one. This is it! There is a Finish Line straight up ahead!
How amazing! Can you share your list of things to bring?!? Noah's surgery is in ONE WEEK!
ReplyDeleteHi Katie! Wow! I know you are in a rush trying to get everything ready. I'm trying to get my list together to post on the blog and have it ready on a tab, and I think I put something about lists in an old post around February during Butters' first surgery. The main things to think about bringing are clothes that are easy for Noah to get on and off the day of surgery - our implant center suggests button down shirts. I have a light one ready for Butters since it's hot down here. Also, bring juice since there is a good chance that he will be thirsty but his stomach might not handle food after the anesthesia. And of course, if he has to stay overnight, you'll have to bring a lot more stuff, but otherwise, there shouldn't be a whole lot you need to bring. And also, don't forget to think about yourself - plenty of snacks, a book, or something to occupy your time - surgery will be a few hours. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way!
ReplyDelete