Holy Crap! Trying not to go into panic mode, but, yeah - too late.
It did help to have one of the nurses from radiology at Chapel Hill call to go over a few things - NPO after midnight, etc. It also helped to know that they will be administering a nasal spray to sedate him. Maybe I can be nearby to inhale some of the residue.
We probably won't get the results until the middle of September when we go for his first booth test and meet with his ENT. So, in the meantime, it's "Ulcer Central" over here.
This is another one of those situations where I desperately wish to be a laid-back, easy-going type of individual. As a matter of fact, this is the type of situation that pushes me into overdrive. Well, at least the house will be clean, all the clothes washed and dried, all the calories from those two peanut butter cookies I had for breakfast burned (maybe).
But I am scared. Anytime your child has to have a procedure, whatever that procedure may be, you're scared, you're anxious, you don't know if a new problem will arise, you don't know if your child is aware of what's going on. I hate that my child even has to deal with this.
Oh well, it's too early in the morning for a glass of wine. Maybe I'll have another peanut butter cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment