Monday, October 8, 2012

To PT or not to PT? That is the Question

Now that Butters has been diagnosed with LVAS, and oftentimes there are balance "issues" like our ENT discussed with us, I have been watching him like a hawk.  That's what all concerned moms do though, right?

The thing is, I had been noticing problems with Butters' unsteady balance whenever he tried creeping along on the floor.  There were head lags and shaking, and lots of falling over onto his side - BEFORE I FOUND OUT ABOUT THE LVAS.  That's why I wasn't taken completely by surprise when our ENT told us about the MRI results and diagnosis. 

Butters is just a little over a week away from turning eight months old.  We are still working on the following:

  • Crawling
  • Sitting Up - Both Unassisted and Assisted (he falls over)
  • Head Lagging  
Butters will get all of these in due time.  I am working with him on all of this, but I do realize that I am probably going to have to have physical therapy and/or occupational therapy come in to help him.  I'm continuing to monitor him, but I don't want to push or force him to do anything before he's ready.   He's going to get there, just in his own time and with a little extra help.  He really moves well primarily through rolling and creeping, but it can vary from day to day based mostly on what kind of mood he's in.  He mostly wants to focus on his vocalization skills.

Here are two videos to show you how he moves on a daily basis. 



 

2 comments:

  1. Peter (6 months this week) is all about the spitting raspberries, burping, and passing gas. And then he will smile about it, too. Boys;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! Boys are gross. But we gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete