Some of the "highlights" of these past two weeks include:
- My new phone completely locked up on me and I couldn't even get it to turn off. Not good when I have about five more calls to make and the online manual tells me nothing. Took 40 minutes to get Butters dressed, haul the stroller into the car, and get him strapped into his car seat for a 5 minute tutorial at the Verizon store. Turns out the Razrs have a "glitch" in the software that makes them freeze up during the first two weeks after buying them. Would've been nice to know this beforehand.
- While bending down to get Butters dressed, I felt a horrible, stabbing pain in my lower back followed by a "pop." Yes, that's how you know you are inching closer to 40. You can't bend over without pulling a muscle. Butters thought it was funny that mom couldn't move for about 10 minutes and used that opportunity to pull his pants off and hurl them across the room.
- During the coldest week of the winter season, our heating system decided to take a permanent vacay. How nice.
We are now officially playing the "Waiting Game" as far as the insurance approval goes for the implants. Everything has been submitted, all protocol followed. There is nothing else I can do. I hate that. I hate that feeling of dependence upon others to get something done. It's that same feeling you have when you are assigned to do a project in school and you are forced to pair up with another student. Another student you usually didn't like.
I have been informed that we should get notification of approval by the beginning of February. My nails have been bitten to the quick.
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am the "Worst Case Scenario" type of person. This hasn't been relegated to just the insurance issues either. I think about some of the implant surgeries that haven't gone so well. I think about how many electrodes can be implanted due to Butters' Mondini's Malformation. I think about the risk of the "gushers" that can happen due to Mondini's, and the elevated risk of meningitis even though Butters has had his immunizations. I think about how Butters will do in the coming months with auditory input and language. And then I think about changing the playlist on my iPod and listening to some more upbeat tunes. Lady GaGa always seems to make things a little better.
I have some Toad the Wet Sprocket CDs floating around somewhere, too! But ithasntbeen playing in my head ;). I usually just have kid noise assaulting my ears! Another song for you- Pink's "get the party started". That was what I was singing when it was two days past Peter's due date and I was still waiting :). I am waiting for scan results still, but Peter and I are emotionally recovered from the IV sedation, though my whole family now has colds. Peter was actually in a crazy happy mood the afternoon after sedation. Must be good drugs.
ReplyDeleteJust a random note- I heard good things about MedEl, in terms of electrode choices, and implant chip updatability
Yeah, wow, it's been a long time since I've heard the "Party Song" by Pink. Most of my iPod consists of 80's songs since there are not a lot of catchy little tunes available out there today. Not a lot of happy music out there. I have also heard that Med El is actually one of the better options for Mondini, especially if the ENT goes in and finds that the cochlea is more underdeveloped than previously thought to be. So that choice is okay with as well, considering that we have not gotten a final verdict as to the exact shape of Butters' ears. Glad that you and Peter have recovered from that trauma and I hate that he had to have that kind of sedation. Keeping my fingers crossed for the results!
ReplyDelete