Wednesday, May 15, 2013

One Year

It's been a year since this blog started.  One Year.  And in that one year we have:


Figured out how to put hearing aids on an infant while he is kicking and screaming;

Learned to stop freaking out whenever the hearing aids ended up in the sink, washing machine, or wedged into a crevice under the coffee table;

Gone to countless audiology appointments, radiology scans, hearing aid mold fittings, ENT visits, and physical therapy counseling;

Discovered that LVAS and Mondini's Syndrome exist and that there is still much to dig through;

Had many days where we sat down on the floor and cried and worried about the future;

Had many days where we laughed and felt grateful;

Received our first cochlear implant and have been babbling up a storm ever since;

Have practiced our "Learning to Listen" sounds and talked, talked, talked until we are hoarse for days on end;

Watched our little guy take his first few steps by himself!


Thank you to all of our friends and followers of this blog! We could not have made it this far without you and your support.

The adventure continues ...

4 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog on CI Circle and just have to say that your little man is simply ADORABLE! My son, Noah, will be receiving his first CI this summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I stopped by your blog yesterday and really enjoyed reading your posts. Your boys are too cute! I will be happy to answer any questions about the surgery I know it can be a little stressful leading up to it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Katie! I stopped by your blog yesterday and really enjoyed reading your posts. Your boys are too cute! I will be happy to answer any questions about the surgery I know it can be a little stressful leading up to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on so many milestones!! Butters is doing so well! I know we will have more days of frustration and worry ahead, but I have a feeling the great days will outnumber them by a lot!

    ReplyDelete