Friday, May 24, 2013

Rethinking the Whole Bi-Modal Thing

Butters does not want to wear his left hearing aid.  We never had a problem with him pulling out his "ears" unless he was tired or teething.  I guess now with his "super ear" optimized at 35 db his hearing aid isn't cutting it anymore.  That is the only conclusion I can come to, that his hearing aid may actually be hindering his ability to hear, and more importantly, the hearing aid is causing confusion with his processing of sounds.

The bimodal thing seemed to be going really well when he was first activated with his CI.  He would even smile when both of his ears were turned on.  Right now, we are lucky if we can keep the hearing aid on between one to three hours a day.  How does he handle his CI? He loves it - plain and simple.  Just as he used to do with his hearing aids, he will begin to pull at his CI when it is time for nap or bedtime.  The rest of the eight or nine hours in his day he is wearing his CI and using it to its full ability!

I am still recuperating from food poisoning likely due to a piece of frozen salmon that was on sale.  I thought I was getting a good deal since the price was slashed from $4.50 to only $2.50.  Maybe now I will be more willing to curb my quest for finding the best "deals."  At  least I will exercise more caution in bargain hunting when it comes to seafood.  

And by the way, keeping up with an extremely busy and inquisitive fifteen month old while you are busy tossing your cookies every half hour, is not an easy task.  


  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment