Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Father's and Grandfather's Day

It's been a great Father's Day weekend so far.   Butters and I made hubby an egg bagel for breakfast (I decided to nix the attempt at omelet making).

 We took our impromptu trip to S.C. Thursday so that my dad could meet Butters.  We made it back Friday evening with some of our nerves still intact after a four and a half hour car ride back with a four month old screaming most of the way!

Everyone was thrilled to see Butters and he did his best to be entertaining.  Seriously, this kid is already a ham with his babbling and smiling.

As nice as it was to be back home,  I was struck with the realization that we were experiencing the two opposite ends of the life spectrum: someone who has just recently entered into this world full of life and curious over everything he sees and touches, and then someone who has already lived his life, accomplished many things, and is ready to depart.  

I do feel better now that my father has met his grandson and I hope that he will get to see him again.  But I know that that's a slim possibility.  Butters will return to his grandparents' house at S.C. again though.  He had a blast looking at all of the trees out in the country and listening (hopefully) to Canadian geese and tree frogs down by the pond.  My dad told Butters that next time he would have a fishing pole so that he could go catch a big fish.






 


No comments:

Post a Comment