Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Happy First Birthday, Mr. Butters!


We celebrated Butters' first birthday this past Sunday, and it was filled with lots of chocolate cake and joy!

The weekend overall was pretty spectacular as it was a long, President's Day weekend for hubby, it snowed between one and two inches on Saturday, and then we had Butters' birthday extravaganza.  Well, actually, it was just the three of us helping him to open presents and eat cake.  We decided to keep it simple this weekend due to his surgery this week.  Our bigger celebration will happen in another week when hubby's parents come up to visit.

And yeah, surgery is now only two days away!  I've been trying to keep Butters healthy, getting the house cleaned and organized before hubby's parents get here, so it's been pretty busy.  There is also old furniture strategically placed around various rooms of the house as we have been gradually adding a new sofa and coffee table since our originals were old and not very safe around Butters.  When I bought some of this stuff ten years ago, I was not thinking that having a glass coffee table would be such a bad thing.  I will be happy when Goodwill comes to take it away as I keep stubbing my toe on the bottom of the old couch every time I pass by on the way to the kitchen.

Butters got to enjoy a few moments of his first snow.  He mostly gazed around in amazed confusion, trying to figure out what that fluffy white stuff was.  I was amazed as well, since the most snow I think I have ever experienced was one inch of the thin, dry snow down in the southern part of South Carolina.  I was so excited to see it Saturday because I really think it is absolutely breathtaking to watch it drifting down towards the ground and collecting on the tree branches. I love fall and winter, but I'm sure that eventually we will move further northward where snow will become much more of a burden than a wonderful miracle, but at least I got to see and play in it - and not have our power go out!

Butters trying to eat the snow
Our backyard
 

No comments:

Post a Comment