Saturday, February 9, 2013

Teething - Really Bad Teething

Butters does not like being dried off after bath time

Butters has been teething for the past two days.  Thursday was the worst which included the throwing up of his entire lunch.  Of course, I immediately went into panic mode thinking he had a stomach virus - despite the fact that he was without fever and had kept down his breakfast, cheese toast, apple juice, and his second bottle for brunch (yes, he actually eats that much in the morning).  What really had me concerned was his shivering a couple of times while I was preparing his lunch.  He is a  hot-natured little thing, so this was a particularly, unusual occurrence.  Of course, I dismissed his little finger pulling at his lower gums to be an obvious sign that it was teething.  Why do I always jump to the worst scenario?

He went down early for his afternoon nap and slept a full three hours, which apparently renewed his strength.  It was very helpful to me as well, after his non-stop crying jags for two straight hours that morning.  Nervous hospital, here I come.


 

2 comments:

  1. With my girls the teeth always came out after a day when they were so miserable I would be pulling my hair out. For her first (unknown to me) tooth, Sydney (now 6) was screaming non- stop unless I carried her, and I needed to finish 1 thing (just one for the whole day, and I still couldn't do it). I finally cracked and shouted "why can't you stop crying for a few minutes?!" The next day I felt the teeth poking out and felt like a turd. Mom of the year award. Peter still has no teeth, but I can feel something hard RIGHT there, so I am just waiting for the miserable day.
    I can understand panic about getting sick, though, especially so close to surgery. I fully plan to have everyone wear masks and hazmat suits the week prior to surgery (when we finally get something scheduled!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, I have been feeling like a turd over this for 4 days straight now. But he is a little insane at this point with the whole teething thing. I am trying to keep him away from as many germs as possible, but of course, we have last minute meetings with the implant center, audiologist and then the pre-op this week. Yeah, getting some hazmat suits might be a good investment!

    ReplyDelete